View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #1
MendozaLC

Ditching the tent in Ohio

Hello from Ohio! Our family of 4 will be purchasing our first TT next month. We will be purchasing a 2018 Passport 2670BH. We have years of tent camping experience but after having children this mom is ready camp and explore with my own bed, restroom, and shower.
This summer we purchased a 2017 Toyota Tundra platinum crewmax. Unfortunately our truck is only rated to tow 8800lbs because it has a 38 gallon gas tank. We chose the 2670BH because it was the layout we wanted and the dry weight was under 6,000lbs. The dealership will install the Equalizer 4 point WD and Sway control hitch for us when we pick up the TT. From all the research I have done this is a decent hitch. All we need now is to find a good set of tow mirrors since our truck did not come with them.

My husband has a lot of experience towing 16ft flat bed trailers for his job but no experience towing a TT. We are both super excited and very nervous to be starting this journey. We do have quite a few local friends with TT that we will rely on for our first few trips out.

I would love to hear from anyone who currently has a similar set up.
MendozaLC is offline   Reply With Quote