Thread: Heads Up.
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Hope you're OK as well. I just had a conversation with my dealer yesterday about the ladder on our 2014 Cougar High Country. I've never been up it but when we did the PDI the tech went up on the roof and I saw the ladder flexing. When he came down we both looked at it and it seemed OK. After the purchase I had them add a 2nd AC. I had not looked at it until about a week ago and noticed all the supports were pointing in a downward fashion instead of 90degrees from the trailer wall. I pushed up on the ladder and there was about 1/4" play up and down. My conclusion, and what I told the dealer, was that the ladder is not supported correctly. The first trip up the ladder during the inspection sort of told us that but them using it to go up and down to install the AC did it in. They're lucky one of them didn't have the same mishap you did. It goes in Nov. 14 to be inspected/repaired. I would encourage anyone that's going to use their ladder to really look it over because I'm not so sure there isn't so sort of error in the way they have anchored them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote