Thread: RV Insurance
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

We have various insurance companies in different states for different properties depending on pricing etc. but, in TX where our main house is, we use Geico for house, cars and RV. They have been way above average on response for us and cut my home insurance almost in half from State Farm; cars with State Farm; not even close to the Geico rate. Had the blow pop incident with the trailer and they were waiting for me to get back into the dealership to look it over and give an estimate - in 1 hr and cut the check. Their estimate was way, way more than I would have thought; very generous.

I've had Nationwide, Progressive, Allstate, State Farm etc. Geico is head and shoulders above my experiences with the rest.

Hit a submerged "something" with my deck boat; I/O 5.7L. Shredded the prop and tore up the skeg I thought. Service manager at the dealer said the prop shaft is bent as well. Called me a few days later after the Progressive lady came by. She told him the prop was covered but the shaft was OK so he asked me to come up. He had the shaft out and the bend was very obvious. I called her and told her to come down there since I was there. When she got there I asked her if she knew the function of a prop shaft....Yes. Does it have to be straight?.....I think so. What's the definition of straight? Straight? I told her I would give her the definition - "extending or moving uniformly in one direction without a curve or bend". She nodded. I took the prop shaft and just pointed to the obvious bend. I asked, "does that fit the definition of straight"? She was flustered and just said I didn't see that.....it's obviously bent and approved the other costs. Dropped the insurance and moved on. Just sharing that because you never know.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote