View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 08:34 PM   #9
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Thanks.

My thought is that the chocks are only really useful at unhitching time until the levelers are deployed, and during the equivalent period when re-hitching. When those levelers are down, my trailer isn't going to roll off to anywhere. So if I'm not supposed to use X chocks during that period, I don't have much remaining use for them.

And though I realized the tires would pull off the chocks a bit when the levelers are set, I assumed they would settle back into much the same relative position when they were lowered again, especially since the arm between the chocks keeps the distance constant, unlike separate chocks. I may have to pull forward to remove a set, or I may have to pull backward, but at least I'll never have to pull both ways at once and risk crushing one of them (or my fingers).
You explained it much better than I did, maybe I should stop trying to do this so late at night.

I do still use the X-chocks after leveling (IF the tires are still on the ground), don't really know if they help any but I like to think so.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote