View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

IMO it's good you didn't get the fan installed. I assume your existing AC is ducted. Upgrading it to a 15k will gain you some but nothing super substantial in my experience. You will have a bit of work in front of you to move one then install the 2nd where the existing one is now. We have a 13.5 in our bedroom (non ducted) and we definitely don't need 15k.

My DW has had the same experience yours has so I understand the need for "cool". If you have the time on your hands, the money and "want to" the ideal thing I think would be to put the new 15k in the living area and move the 13.5 to the bedroom. If the existing is ducted and the bedroom is not I believe you will have to buy a new faceplate/control panel to make it non ducted. All that said, with what I believe will be minimal gain with a considerable amount of work, you may (probably) be better off just adding a non ducted 13.5k in the bedroom. It should keep you pretty cool.

Brand wise I like Dometic but others have said they like Coleman. I had a Coleman many years ago and had no problems. We have a Penguin II in the bedroom and if noise is a consideration - it's noisy. We like the noise and I've never heard a "quiet" non ducted RV AC. That may be an issue.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote