View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec557 View Post
Well, here's my take. At first I liked them. On our first TT almost every window was a frameless. We spent a very hot summer where we could not run the a/c. The frameless windows did not open up very wide and very little breeze came in. So at that point I didn't like them. Only had that TT about 6 months. We switched to a 5er and most the windows open slid vertically or horizontally. We now have much better ventilation. But then we moved through Texas and other Southern states during high heat, high humidity, and heavy rain. Emphasis on heavy rain. Guess what. The frameless windows do not let rain in, the sliders do ... All the sliders have to be closed for the rain. Now I miss the frameless. I guess that's a long way of saying, each has its benefits and draw backs...

You are spot on. I used to have the "sliding" windows. More air flow but no way was I going to leave and leave them open in any kind of iffy weather; frameless? Leave them open all the time with no worries. For us, the frameless offers us better options than the regular slide windows....if there are issues I can turn the fan or AC on....
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote