View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #18
wiredgeorge

I bought a non-inverter Champion running watt (dual fuel) 3500W genny for RV use. It has been so handy for powering stuff in the house when power goes down (as it continually does) that I installed an outdoor plug leading to a switching box in the house where I can switch whole circuits between electric company line power and the generator power. Since this is a 3500W generator, I don't have the A/C, stove or microwave wired in but all else is so I can sit in my bedroom (window A/C) and have TV, internet and keep the fridge cool during power outages. Have the generator in one of our car ports with the plug for the house less than 10' away.

Our genny:
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/4375w-...10300002004543

The power coming into your home doesn't go through the inverter process... wonder if it cleaner than a non-inverter generator? I would like to get another and set it up for the RV as my parking slot on my property is quite away from the house. Would have to build some sort of enclosure to keep it out of the elements as rain is usually the culprit for the power outages OR some drunk runs into a pole along the single line coming out towards where we live. We have been dark for up to three days while Bandera Electric hauls in a new transformer (well, a big electric doo-hickey) when the one feeding out line dies...

And for folks camping in places where they have a 62dB noise limit... how the heck does a camp manager measure this? They walking around with a noise meter? How close do they have to get? Just curious on this thing.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote