View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #55
NotyetMHCowner

Went to the Sevierville Tennessee show this past weekend and got to compare a 2015 Montana High Country 305RL and a Montana 3791RD that appears to have the same bedroom and bathroom as the 2016 305RL. The floorplan diagrams are identical.

The linen closet in the 2015 is beside the sink and accessible from the bedroom as well for restocking towels and things after laundry. The 2016 has the linen closet behind the toilet. It is hard to get to. You have to sit on the toilet or prop your foot on it to get to the shelves. They added a medicine cabinet above the sink also. That was the single biggest gripe I had with our last TT was bumping my head on the medicine cabinet every single time I brushed my teeth. That medicine cabinet will be coming off!!

The 2016 front closet has the washer against the wall on the right and the dryer against the wall on the left. The problem is that they open to the center of the closet! And they are elevated a little, so you have to slide your hanging clothes to the side to gain access to the washer then slide them the other way to get to the dryer. They also got rid of the vanity (that the DW was looking forward to) and added a window seat with a hamper below it.

The pantry on the front wall of the living area in the 2015 is gone and replaced with a longer hutch that runs the length of the wall. More storage space lost.

The pluses, for us, are 6k axles, 8 lugs wheels, generator already installed, and "newer" year model. If we were to buy a local 2015, it would be 2 years old as soon as we hooked up and pulled away. The Montana did have really nice night stands with receptacles on each one and a few cubbies on each as well. We hope that is the same as the 2016 305RL.

It just seems like they are going backwards a little instead of improving.

I am wondering if I could request, before my unit is built, if I could just have them NOT install the medicine cabinet and instead just leave it in the floor or something? I would rather not have the holes put into the wall. I may try to recess it or just put something else up that is really narrow.
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote