Thread: Route Planning
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:38 AM   #9
cumminsdad08

rt 15 south of lewisbury, is pretty much a stright drive with few lights and stops. it follows the river down for the most part. once you get down to, i can't remember the name of the area, but it is north of harrisburg a bunch, jump over to 22/322 and follow that down. 11/15 just north of harrisburg is stop and go and i think it might be two lane till you get down to I81. 22/322 is four lane and you can cruise right down. it looks a little bit longer and out of the way on a map but it really isn't. DON'T TAKE 11/15 THRU HARRISBURG, IT IS NOT FUN AT ALL!!!! once you get down to I81, take it north around the "burg" and take rt 581, stay off of rt 83, they both tie around to each other, but 83 is a lot tighter and busier during the day. then it will run into 15 just on the south side of camphill and you should be good to go. in dillsburg there is a sheets on the right with a rather large parking lot, that serves as a very good "reststop". i hope that helps any. i usually use 15 all the time when i got to get south, and stay off the the 83 as much as possible.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote