Thread: Route Planning
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
cumminsdad08

Route Planning

i travel all -over central pa with overloaded pickup's. as stated before, i would stick to the main roads when you start getting towards the pa line. down in that parts i can think of at least 3 creek crossing's, with out a bridge, that just show up on the GPS. when i am uncertain where i am going, i usually mapquest it, then bing map it, then study the map on bing with the satalight feature to see any landmarks at my turns, and also to see if i can see a potantial disaster. i use my GPS as soon as i jump in my work truck, but i go to a lot of people's houses and mapquest sucks for that. alot of times i just use it to see what roads are coming up, so i don't have to be that contractor, i know you all got behind at somepoint, that slows down to a crawl at every intersection, then speeds back up for 2 miles and repeats.
as far as the fuel, any truck stop along the highway should suit your needs. i am not sure how you are coming into pa, but if you do RT 15 there is usuall some sort of fuel station every 10-15 miles. as stated when i do road trips, i always drag a fuel can along with a bunch of fuel in it, and alot of people have thanked me for it too. they don't usually take up a whole lot of space, and you can use them at any point. just watch when you start to get tired, thats when the fuel gauge always seems to drop like a rock. good luck to you, and i hope you get to enjoy everything that lovely PA has to offer you,

PS. watch out for the buggie's, they are always just over that hill.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote