View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #19
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Ha! I hear ya!

You couldn't have talked to me about silk anything until several years ago. I have/had a couple of drawers full of thermal underwear. I used them on every cold weather hunting/fishing trip. I came back from a hunting trip by myself, in -15 weather, complaining of my chaffed butt and freezing while I was out with my "thermal" wear. She said I owed it to myself to try silk. I did and was astounded by what I thought of as "girlie" wear. Not so. Very functional and so much less bulk. I don't know how much I've got "left in me", but whatever it is I want to keep it warm....!!

Just an update on my silk "underdrawers""; they came in and I put them on today. High low 40s (I know) and lows this evening in the 20s. I've been in much colder and I know many of you would consider those temps "spring" weather....but, Nice and warm. If you haven't tried them you should. They are a bit pricey but having worn most every kind of "insulated underwear" there is IMO they are the best. So much less bulk and easy to use with your outerwear....and warmer too. LL Bean makes some good stuff so you might want to try it out if you are getting a "chaffed" butt in the cold... (No, I have no affiliation with LL Bean )
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote