Thread: AM/FM Radio ?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 07:00 AM   #4
Mikendebbie

AM/FM radio??

The radio in my Laredo is useless. FM is spotty at best. AM is nothing but static. We like to listen to talk radio but it is impossible. Radio in the outside kitchen is also useless (as a radio that is). I will admit that I have not removed either of the radios to check for the "coiled up antenna" referenced earlier.

For what it's worth - the radio in my previous camper (Jayco) was also useless. When we took possession of the Jayco - radio was demonstrated and it did not pick up anything...Dealer said "Well we are under this metal roof so radio won't pick up very good." Later when I had some warranty work done, Dealer told me "Well, none of the radios in these things work very good. You can go into any unit on the lot and the radio won't work very good. It's common with all manufacturers" - which I think is pathetic. They replaced the radio with a new unit - which still did not pick up anything. DOH!

I still see some units with an exterior antenna on roof or thru the sidewall and I wonder if their radios work as designed?
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote