View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray0512 View Post
I had an old timer tell me that once I open tanks light stove first. Let it burn until you have a nice flame. He said that let's line purge itself then everything else should be ok . That's what I do and haven't had trouble at all.
That's been standard advice for a long, long time. Once you remove a tank to have it refilled, the entire system basically looses all of its propane. When you put the fresh tank back, all of the air in the piping needs to be pushed out by propane before things will all begin to work normally once again. The fastest and easiest and SAFEST way to do this is to light up a burner or two on the stove and let them run for a couple of minutes before turning the fridge and water heater back on.

Important caveat: On some trailers, the water heater is located all the way to the rear of the trailer while the stove is in the middle. Propane tanks are almost always in the front. Lighting up the stove won't purge the air out of the lines between the stove and the rear of the trailer. Understand that it still may take several fault cycles to get the water heater running normally again.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote