View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 05:33 AM   #1
elbzero

Considering a fifth wheel

Greetings!

My family and I are considering the RV life. We have two children a 3 year old and 1 and half year old and one new baby coming in July! We are very much RV newbies the only experience we have is renting a 30' class C for 3 days and everything else is based on online research and advice from friends.

I work a profession that allows me to work remotely and we are considering living on the road from six months to one year. Part of me says this will be a little bit crazy with having three little ones running about but the other part of me knows that the opportunity to work remotely and visit the country may not always be available to our family.

Because of the fact of having the children we having been strongly considering a fifth wheel. Specifically one fifth wheel keeps coming up in my results, which is the Avalanche 365mb or Avalanche 366mb. The main reason I like this one is it has a separate bedroom that I could use as an office if needed and overall just has a lot of space for the kids.

Though overall I have a few questions and concerns :

1. Because Fifth wheels can be so large, how hard is it to find RV spots?
2. Related to the first question when looking for RV spots I noticed that it is based on length, is that the length including your towing vehicle or since you can detach it, is it the just the length of the fifth wheel?
3. Is a fifth wheel size worth it? I have been told by a few people that it might be too large for me. I haven't had a lot of experience driving super long vehicles, but I am a bit stubborn and when someone tells me I can't do something I like to take on the challenge, but also wasn't sure what a realistic expectation is or if I should be considering something smaller.

Anywho, any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!
elbzero is offline   Reply With Quote