View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 04:47 AM   #35
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyslinger View Post
I did a search for guns and firearms and nothing showed up. Has this ever been discussed? Does anyone travel with a firearm? Best hiding places? Thoughts? Comments?
I travel with a firearm or firearms quite frequently. As far as location of them, I have a HCP (Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit) and it is valid in approx 38 or 39 other states, and I am usually carrying concealed. To me, this is the most efficient way to have it if you would need it....not trying to get it out of a safe or locked box of some sort. At night (bedtime), it is laying on a table beside the bed. As a note, we have no children with us and so keeping it up and out of the way or locked is not an issue for us. My wife also has a HCP, so either one or both of us can legally carry in TN and the other 38 states as long as we know and abide by that state's laws. It is sometimes tricky at best, to keep up with other states changing laws, so before a trip to a state that is other than our own, I usually check my phone app (CCW) available in the Google Play store, make sure it is updated, then check for the state or state that we will go through or stay in. I've never really thought too much about a safe for the trailer, but having one bolted down to the floor sure would be nice at times.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"