View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 03:58 AM   #1
hikers44

Vinyl floor damaged by dealer

We have a 2017 Keystone Cougar we bought about 3 months ago. It has been at an authorized warranty dealer (not the dealer we purchased from) for some warranty repairs. One of the repairs we requested was that the dining room table was not secured to the floor at the factory (there were screw holes but no screws) and would move during transit. My husband picked it up yesterday and walked inside to see if they had fixed a broken light fixture and all was fine.

The service tech brought the slides in and got it ready for him to hook up and take home. When he got it home, he opened the slides and went inside to turn on the AC in preparation for a trip. The flooring in front of the dining table is torn badly in two places. We looked underneath and they put long screws through the floor, piercing the underbelly and when the slide went in, it tore the floor.

I have to call them this morning about this, but wondered what to expect?

I read online that since the vinyl is under everything (including an island) the solution would be to put down new vinyl and put 1/4 round around the sides. This is NOT the look we want for a 3 month old camper.

Has anyone had any issues like this with a dealer and what was the outcome?

I've attached pics of the underside and flooring. The pic of the underside is hard to tell, but there are 4 screws like this sticking through.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170606_182809.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	12939   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170606_192008.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	12940  
hikers44 is offline   Reply With Quote