Thread: Dehumidifiers
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
ktmracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonS View Post
Thanks for all of the input. Believe it or not we actually get some cold weather in Georgia (it was 22 this morning) and early Spring and late Fall can be pretty mild so the A/C won't run year round. I've looked at the Eva-Dry systems and it's good to know they are quiet. Draining the thing will be an issue but I guess I can handle a canister once a day or so. KTM does the Heier have an option for a pump or is it gravity fed to a drain only? Anyone have any luck with systems that have a humidistat so the humidity can be kept constant? Air that is too dry can be just as bad as too much. Nothing like waking up with a bloody nose.
The heier does have an option to gravity drain the water, but no pump and it does have a humistat so you can adjust the humidity level. The humistat doesn't have a "relative humidity" number, just a continously variable range from "very dry" through normal and "high". I've found the "normal" range gets the humidity into the 30-35% range, which is pretty comfortable for us. It also has a "high" and "low" fan speed

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote