Thread: Hitch weight
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:50 AM   #13
wiredgeorge

Without being too technical here, why the heck did the OP ask the question without mentioning which 5th wheel model. Granted the F150 will very likely not cut it but we are in 100 percent blue-skying land without a little to go on. Now all that has been written is true but since the fella hasn't picked up the trailer, the scales option is off the table at this point. He would do well to mention his prospective trailer and get some of the wise folks taking a wag as to what truck would actually be happy pulling his new trailer. If I was buying a new 5th wheel, I would likely jump to a 1 ton and the weight of the 5th wheel would tell me how many rear wheels made sense. Once he gets the new truck AND trailer, off to the scales if there is any quesiton of hitch weight. My old beater F350 has a payload of about 4K lbs so I don't really care much about hitch weight and scales unless I contemplate the RV of my wifes dreams and then hitch weight would certainly come into play. She likes those residential fridges and front living room rigs... Very possibly dually land if we ever go that route.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote