View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:47 AM   #43
C424

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwyatt View Post
Something I have not seen mentioned. Quality of fuel. I have a 2016 ford f150 with 3.5 ecoboost pulling a 27' approx 5000 bumper pull. I try to stay on secondary roads but do use the interstates. Usually try to keep it around 64 mph. Several times in the last couple of years I have been cruising along getting 10 to 11 mpg, fuel up and suddenly notice a decrease of 2,3 mpg. This has happened with no real change of terrain or speed increases. Only explanation is the quality of gas. Last trip we made I filled up in Lexington, Ky and gas mileage went down 3 mpg almost instantly. I think it was half methanol. Now I know you have to take the on board mileage computations with a grain of salt. My actual mileage is a little less than what the truck indicates. I do believe the mixture of fuel has a lot to do with it. Believe it or not but most of the time when this happens it is "branded" fuel. Anyone else ever noticed this?

I added 2 bottles of octane booster and get 1mpg more on the way up. I don’t know if that helped. I’ve also noticed that Casey’s gas is heavy ethanol and I get poor mileage with it. Not sure about the others though. I typically use Loves, Flying J and Kroger gas stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk