View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 02:29 AM   #91
WNY Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegrad View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I knew the trailer didn't come with any USB outlets. I was just wondering if it was a simple "pull the old outlet and install an outlet with the built in USBs", or it took more effort? I see you added an extra outlet in the bedroom, so that makes sense how that one was done (cut a new spot and mount, tap into the light circuit). Thanks again!
The only 12v outlet that came installed was in the ceiling for the bedroom TV. It was on the same wall plate as the antenna connection and amplifier switch. But I replaced that with a Wingard SensarPro TV Signal Meter right away, so I lost that 12v outlet. But that was over the TV anyways, not a good location to charge cell phones.

One thing I didn't mention was that the new USB outlet is longer than the thickness of the shelf, so I had to mount a junction box inside the cabinet to cover exposed outlet and the wiring. Actually it worked out better that way because I now have easy access to the wiring without having to pull the outlet. In the future, if I feel I need to kill the power drain, I could install a switch on the box itself to kill power to the outlet.
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote