View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 07:27 AM   #15
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
My experience with X chocks is that the fore/aft space between the wheels will change as the front of the trailer is raised or lowered or during leveling. So, if the X chocks are applied prior to unhooking, they might loosen as the front of the trailer is raised to unhook. It's been my practice to chock the wheels with a standard heavy rubber chock and apply the X chock only after the Cougar is leveled. I think the X chock helps minimize trailer bounce too.
I have used Xchocks for the last 15 years. When you put them in place you just need to crank them to apply a fair amount of pressure. My old fiver was 37 feet long and weight in at about 12,500 pounds. My xchocks held it firm on a sloped campground spot more than once.

As you lower raise the tongue/King pin, the shackles will rotate and the wheels stay where you chocked them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote