View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 05:17 AM   #25
Bechard

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 View Post
OK a little bit bigger than my Passport.

Lots of folks here just go crazy about bigger is better.

My wife and I go to all the RV shows we can find and talk about why our TT is better. If you feel this way.

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado with the tow package, NOT the max tow package.

5.3L V8, 3.42 gears and a double cab.

Ford version, if you must would be the F150 tow package you don't need Max Tow but you do need tow package for the bigger cooling. True for Ford and Chevy.

The first year I pulled our TT with a Ford Explorer Sport with the 3.5 EcoBoost. It too was rated for 5K lbs but I was not happy.

My Silverado 1500 is my daily driver but if you go to a F250 or bigger you get a solid front axle and bad gas millage and bad ride.

Unless you KNOW you plan to go bigger in the next few years look for a 1500 or 150 with the tow package and around 3.42 or 3.55 gears.

You will have a truck that pulls your TT with ease and is also a good daily driver.
Well, hot off the presses... We bought our truck!

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss LT with towing package. Crew cab, short box, 5.3L V8, with 8 speed transmission.

Truck came with running boards and sprayed in bed liner, so I had then throw in underspray, window tinting, add a hard tri-fold toneau cover. Here in Canada Costco just switched to GM this week, we saved $5000 with Costco and got a $500 gift card on top. Also got top dollar for my trade in.

Payload is 1685 lbs
Towing is 9600 lbs

My trailer tongue weight is 425 + weight distribution bars, so 500 lbs total.

With bikes, myself, wife, kids, dog, and more, we're still well under our payload limit towing.

Truck looks awesome, and does better on gas than my 2016 Traverse. Truck will be a daily driver.

We're really excited to pick it up Wednesday.

Thank you everyone for all of the advice!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190705_173101.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	22677
Bechard is offline   Reply With Quote