View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #3
tech740

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Tech, don't be fooled by the driving time that you receive from Google maps, etc. When you leave I-75 and head SSW on 461, 90, etc. you are destined for good roads, and lots of small towns. And it will be like that the entire way. There are probably 12-15 towns in that stretch, every one with a caution light, traffic light, 30 MPH speed limit and school zone. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the highways, but this is far from interstate quality travelling. If you're in a hurry, follow the interstate system. If you're wanting to actually see something then get off that infernal concrete ribbon and live a little. (Oops, I snuck personal opinion in there )

Have a great time while you're there and spend lots of money! Tennessee needs your tourist dollars!

Thanks. I wondered how the times would be with it being state roads that go through towns. We will see how the trip treats us. We go down there at least once a year so you get my tourist dollars. Lol. Going twice this year. July at Falls Creek Falls and thanksgiving at the Jellystone by Dollywood.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote