View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
I agree. I didn't feel like I was being attacked or that anyone was out of line, irate, or ugly. I merely stated that I was kind of surprised by the strong opinions and blanket statements my post elicited from some. (Although, considering the back and forth on some threads, I guess I shouldn't be. ) Some posted strong opinions (which is fine) of after market air filters who seem to have no actual experience with them.

I appreciate this forum and I'm not going to reply any more to this thread because I never intended to "start something."

How's that Frozen song go? "let it go, let it go..."
Dave I don't think you started anything. You brought up a topic that others wanted to share their experiences, or opinions, on. I appreciated your initial post and thoughts on the aftermarket adds. I always WANTED my aftermarket add ons to give me discernible, maybe even very noticeable, performance improvements but I never realized that. Whether the cold air intakes, chips, low restriction mufflers, new exhaust...never seemed worth the money to me in the situations I had. Now, put that low restriction exhaust behind that big block you just rebuilt with new cam, pistons, roller rockers etc. etc. and yes, it probably makes a difference (that subdued "lope" always sounded nice).

Anyway, your post is/was appreciated along with all the other comments about different experiences. I think it's a way for folks interested in that kind of thing to learn of other experiences if they are thinking of making the same kind of mod. It's one of the nice things about this forum - so much experience and so many willing to share.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote