View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #37
JRTJH
Site Team

Every place I've ever been has taxes and most (there are some exceptions) states have pretty much equal taxes. Some "collect it" in the form of income tax, some collect it in the form of property tax, some collect it "a little of each and add in fees like "high vehicle registrations" additional taxes or fees, etc.

All told, most places I've lived, the "government costs" are pretty much the same, just taken out of different pockets.... It all comes from the same "poor soul that has to pay" so whatever they choose to call it, it's about the same cost....

That said, we're in Michigan because my DW was born and raised here. Her family all lives within a mile of our place, so we're together most of the year and, if something should happen to me, she has her support system already established (you know, someone to help her with the snow shoveling, starting the tractor and storing their stuff in her pole barn LOL

Anyway, there is something special about every state, just ask the people who live in it and they'll all tell you why "theirs is best".... Well, with a few exceptions, that is.....

As for Michigan, it's almost always "nice enough to camp in the summer", great winter sports, fishing is "out of this world" and there are still places where you don't hear a siren for months on end.

Life is good, no matter where one chooses to live if you can make the best of what that place has to offer..... Yeah, I know, I can't believe I just said that after looking out the window at that drift......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote