View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #36
sourdough
Site Team

Most everyone we meet comes from "up north" during the winter. Many, if not most, are from Michigan?? They even have their own little clique in the park. Many from Canada, some from ME and other northern states. None want to go back in winter and we communicate with many that work their return dates around the weather....like now, with some holding in AZ, TN etc. The thing is, despite what looks like terrible weather to me, they ALL can't wait to get back "home". They love their places. All the folks from MI talk about where they're from; and, those from the UP make sure they tell you, those that aren't try to tell you how close they are to it. Don't know the significance of that but they sure do.

I have no concept of MI and the UP or anywhere else there. But, many of our friends live in the UP and insist that we should come see them; and, I think we will. Sounds like visiting, maybe July-August, might keep us out of bad weather.

Long story to say, John, it may seem that the snow/ bad weather is endless (as I feel about the wind and sand), but at the end of the day the good outweighs the bad, generally (in our case I've told DW the houses are being sold and I'm moving "somewhere", "anywhere" that doesn't have the constant wind/dirt and never ending taxes....... Now to see if there is such a place.....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote