View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 02:29 PM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
The one was a breakfast pastie. Hmm, no gravy? Michigan is a beautiful state. Would be a nice place to retire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I'd suppose a breakfast pastie is a "marketing tool" for some restaurants. It's not the "original" as you can now attest to. LOL But, if it's good, no matter what you call it, "chow down" !!!

Michigan is a pretty good place to live. When we retired I "fought my DW" tooth and nail about staying in Louisiana. She eventually won and we built a new house up here. My biggest concern was the hunting and fishing I'd miss. Well, we really do more fishing and hunting here than in Louisiana. I've got deer, bear, turkey, grouse, squirrel and rabbits "right out the back door"...

As for "deep sea fishing" we're going on a Lake Michigan salmon/trout charter tomorrow out of Petoskey. It's a 43' charter "open sport fishing boat" so honestly, it's bigger than most of the deep sea boats we fished in the Gulf of Mexico. Today the boat charter "limited out on King Salmon and Lake Trout. 4 people on the charter and 20 fish. The smallest was 12 pounds with a couple over 20. As far as I'm concerned, it may not be snapper, tuna or redfish, but it's still "crankin' em in"....

Summers are fantastic, winters (if you have the toys) are also fantastic. We bought the fifth wheel to go south in the winter, but honestly, between snowshoeing, cross country skiing, ice fishing, snowmobiling and hunting, we've been too busy enjoying the winter to go south except for the first year we had the Cougar. This year, if we don't get lots of snow, we'll probably head to Florida, but if it's "good snowmobiling" we'll be too busy travelling around on those to take time to go south. Some people like motorcycles, we've grown into snowmobiles, travel across the state, tour along the Great Lakes and at times we can go all day long without seeing another human. Really gives us the opportunity to "commune with nature"....

I'd never admit it to my DW, but I'm kind of glad she "won the argument" about where to retire......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote