View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 10:46 AM   #15
flynaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glwhitehead View Post
I have a new Cougar 311res. Everything worked at the dealer when I picked it up. At home hooked up the power with a 50amp to 30amp dogbone, 30amp surge protector and a 30amp to 15amp dogbone. The microwave works, I think the frig switched to elec. and the GFCI works in the bathroom, but none of the other 110 outlets work. Noticed this because the TV’s don’t work. Checked the breakers. I saw a post about “losing” one leg of the 50amp. Is it possible that I lost a leg of the 50amp because of the multiple dogbones? If so, is this to be expected, or is something not wired correctly?

I had a similar issue when I wired a 50 amp plug to my 30 amp cord. I ended up jumping the two hot legs together in the 50 amp plug. The house circuits are split and using both legs of the 50 amp. The 30 amp to 50 might not be wired correctly.

Before I jumped both hot sides in the 50 together only my bedroom AC would come on. *** Note *** don’t run both AC units at once on a 30 amp, it will trip!

I built the 30 amp to 50 so my propane generator can run either AC unit if needed...
flynaz is offline   Reply With Quote