View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #101
Ksupaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
Okay I just ran my little experiment. As I said earlier I have an Atwood 35k BTU furnace in my 2018 Keystone Cougar. I have two duct outlets in the floor. With the furnace running I'm getting a temperature rise at the closest duct of 100-110 degrees above ambient. The duct is about 3 foot from the furnace. The other duct is about 8 feet away and I get about 80-90 degrees rise there.

So I'm getting a temperature of just over 150 at the closest register when the temperature in the trailer was in the upper 40s. If it was 70 in the trailer I would expect to see about 170-180 degrees. That's very close to what you are getting.

Bottom line is it seems like it's working as it's supposed to.

I agree with the others that perhaps this is due to water soaking the floor at some point around the register. Or it could be the heat causing discoloration somehow.

I know that my trailer had water in it from leaking access doors in the pass through storage area when I got it. A big puddle on the floor next to the bed. It could have easily gone to the where the floor register was if I hadn't fixed it.

So if it was me I wouldn't be too worried. But I would continue to work with the dealer to resolve the floor discoloration though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I am late to this ball game but wanted to say my experiments in a previous thread showed results almost identical to what is quoted above here. I was getting temps between 145-165 depending on what was being shot with the infrared at the two closest vents. No discoloration on floor in my 2018 Cougar........yet. It only was used about 6 nights in the cold though.
Ksupaul is offline   Reply With Quote