View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyMax View Post
We had a 19' TT that we pulled for several years without a WDH. Wee planned on buying one when we updated the trainer which was going to be "next year" for about 5 years. Life kept happening and our upgrade kept getting put off. Well, we upgraded the truck and trailer this spring and let me just say, WOW! I can't believe the difference for us, and boy are we lucky no one got hurt. It's clear we had no business towing the way we were!
Thanks for sharing. This is a comment heard many times. Typically, only after a novice realizes through experience what "adequate towing feels like"... Far too often someone will buy a tow vehicle/trailer, tow with it and assume that what they feel when towing is the way it's supposed to be..... They fight substandard performance with the belief that it's that way because that's all that can be expected. Only after they upgrade and tow with a "matched pair" do they realize just how terrible things were with the previous setup.

It really goes back to the simple phrase, "You don't know what you don't know"... With towing, believing that it's "the best it gets" or "I don't even know it's back there" are often followed with "holy smokes, this feels so much better"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote