View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 05:02 AM   #13
boxcar

Apparently I just expect too much.

The dealer (Keystone authorized warranty center) checked out my original air conditioner by feeling that cool air was coming out of the vents. The tech's statement was that it seemed cool in the 90 degree heat that day. The service manager said that 4 degrees drop from outside temperature in the 93 degree heat (my measurements from before) was within Coleman specs and about all you can expect on a unit that is more than 30' and you have to have a second air conditioner.

Secondly, they installed the unit nose down when the manual clearly states it must be installed no more than 15 degrees nose up but never nose down at all. Service manager states that he always installs them nose down and can get an exception from Coleman. I will follow up on that.

Third, dealer had said this wouldn't make my unit too tall as it was on the sloped front of the camper. My 297FWRLS height spec is 12.5' and I've never measured it, but it looks to me as though this will put me above 13.5'. Now I wish I'd have gone with the Mach 8 in spite of the noise.

Forth, and this is good, I only have a 30amp outlet on the outside of my garage (will install a 50amp today) and the second unit works. I thought it would only come on when the 50amp receptacle was in use so I have some things to learn about the electrical in my unit.

Finally, I love the unit and it's really cold. Now I have to go through all the ducting fixes others have posted on the forums before I head out to western Colorado next week. I have my inspection camera and insulation all ready and will order some high-flow vents today. I already know my bedroom duct extends well past the bedroom outlet.
B&W Turnover Ball & Companion Hitch
Torklift Stableload Rear Suspension & Revolution Steps
Handi Lift Elevator (not yet installed)
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote