View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

I received the following from a concerned member who didn't want to start a controversy on the forum but wanted to warn members about operating a generator under their trailer or under the front "pinbox area" of their fifth wheel. Sometimes we all tend to overlook or forget the basics of carbon monoxide safety. Here's his experience and his concerns. Definitely something to think about !!!

I'm hesitant to contradict another member's advice, but I'm concerned about the suggestion to put the generator under the trailer because of the potential for carbon monoxide entering through the floor. Before I came up with the set up I now have, I used to just sit the generator on the ground three to four feet away from the camper. One night in the fall the carbon monoxide detector went off after the generator had been running 3-4 hours. The windows and door were all closed so I have to assume it came in through the floor, even with the enclosed underbelly. I had inadvertently set the generator up with the exhaust pointed toward the camper. It was after that that I came up with the current setup.

Sorry for the long message. Thoughts about posting a warning about putting the generator under the camper? I respect your opinion. Thanks

To the member who sent me this PM, thank you for your concern.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote