View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #16
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I have two HF "small" air compressors. One is a 3 gal pancake and one is a 3 gal "hot dog" type. Both are rated at 100 PSI and, as stated above, less than $40 with the coupon (available almost everywhere). I found that they were exceptionally good with my previous LRD (8ply) tires at 65PSI but it is difficult to inflate my current LRE (10ply) tires to 80PSI. Both of those compressors "will make it" to 80PSI eventually, but it's a long wait to get from about 70 to 80. I preferred the pancake style because it has a small storage compartment attached (great place to store the air chuck) and thought it was a good choice for LRC (50PSI) and LRD (65PSI) tires, not so easy to use with LRE (80PSI) or LRF (95PSI) tires and won't work for LRG (110PSI) tires.

Anyway, with the hassles airing up to 80PSI, I bought a FINI 1.2 gal "hot dog" style at Lowe's. It's rated at 135PSI, is faster to air up my tires to 80PSI and much smaller storage space required. It has an attached "lock on air chuck" that allows the compressor to sit beside the tire during use without having to hold the chuck on the valve stem. I keep the compressor, a 25' air hose and all the attachments in a "beach bag" that lays on top of a plastic storage container in my basement area of the fifth wheel. It's smaller, airs 10ply tires faster and stores easier. For me, it was worth the $117 price. I now have two "little HF compressors" sitting on a shelf in the garage. My DW keeps eyeing them with comments like, "When we have a garage sale...." So far I've managed to keep her out of the pole barn when she's "in the garage sale mode"......

Here's the link to the FINI compressor: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fini-1-2-Ga...essor/50385522
And for folks who don’t know, Lowes offers a military/veteran 10% discount.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote