View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 12:05 PM   #17
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegrad View Post
Yep, you can get the Alpha sealant on Amazon. It's the same price as Dicor, and is the material designed for your roof. I do understand John's comments about their revised statement on their tube possible being related to lawsuits. I will just use what the manual suggests to use and gives me a stronger case of winning a potential battle in the event I need to fight for a roof problem withing the 10 year period specified. And for the exact same price as Dicor too- not like the Alpha sealant is 200% more expensive or anything. Again, just my preference.
https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Systems...ystems+sealant
Just a quick FYI!
You mentioned a 10 year warranty. The most common issue with whichever type of roof material you may have is faulty installation by factory installers, which by the way is NOT covered by the manufacturer of whatever roof material you may have, so I wouldn't worry about voiding the warranty by adding any caulk, tape or whatever you choose during you maintenance. The main thing is no leaks.
The next biggest roof issue is limbs or other obstacles gouging or tearing the membrane, which fortunately IS covered by your insurance.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote