View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
Alpinecummin

I was pulling our 2003 Jayco Designer out of the back yard with the cover still on the camper. The gate was 10 foot across allowing me to pull an eight wide camper through the gate. My wife and I were on walkie talkies so she could guide me through the gate. As I was pulling the camper out the light wind was blowing bellowing the cover up a little on the camper so I couldn't really tell how close I was to the gate or the house. As I was pulling the camper through the gate the truck all of a sudden stopped moving. I stepped on the the pedal a light harder, but the truck wouldn't move. So I got out of the truck to see what was happening and my wife came running up to me yelling, "Can't you hear me on the radio, I have been yelling at you to stop!" After getting my ### chewing, I discovered my radio wasn't working and I couldn't hear my wife over the diesel engine, the front right wheel had run up on stump in the yard next to the house, and I had hit the power meter on the house and punched out a 18 inch by 48 inch window on the camper next to the front door on the camper. We used duct tape to hold the window together in the camper for six weeks while we waited for Jayco to send us a replacement window, and fortunately I didn't damage the power meter on the house or damage the tire on the truck.

I learned the hard way, never pull a camper with the cover on it, and make sure booth radios are working!

1977 Avon
2003 Jayco Designer 32FKS
2011 Alpine 3640RL
2007 Dodge 3500
Alpinecummin is offline   Reply With Quote