View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:38 AM   #12
jq1031

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sod Father View Post
Gettysburg is a very cool destination. BTW - as a lifelong Pennsylvania resident, I will caution you on two things as you drive through our lovely commonwealth - pot holes and hills. The state is nearly broke, so potholes are not getting filled as well and as frequently as they should. We are talking bone jarring, tire eating canyons. Use caution.

The hills will give your truck a run for the money, but it should be fairly effortless for the Duramax/Allison combo. Just know you may end up being stuck behind some doofus slowing down traffic towing a 35' TT with a gas powered Expedition.

Finally, if you need to fuel up, try to do so in NJ. Fuel is usually about 5-10 cents less in the Garden State.
You are absolutely right about the pot holes as I spent part of yesterday jockeying around them. The hills are no problem & the countryside makes for a great travel experience. Growing up in the Buffalo area I spent alot of time in Penna, as I went to Gannon College in Erie and experienced much of this beautiful state over the past 50 years.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote