View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:00 AM   #21
n4qpcham

Let me slap my hand and correct myself...somewhat. Here is the correct information:

The red and white wires are audio R and L, and the yellow wire is the video. The yellow wire should be plugged into the VIDEO OUT on the Jensen unit. This carries the video from the Jensen to the TV to play DVDs. It goes into the TV's VIDEO IN (yellow) jack.

There will be another red and white audio-only cable required from the TV’s AUDIO OUT red (R) and white (L) jacks to the Jensen’s red (R) and white (L) INPUT (AUDIO IN) jacks. This audio cable will send the TV sound to the Jensen and to the A, B, or C speakers, using the speaker switches on the Jensen.

The sound from the Jensen for AM,FM,CD, DVD, and the TV are sent to the speakers via a multi-pin jack and plug on the rear of the Jensen unit.

Yellow wire - Jensen video out to TV video in
Red wire - TV audio out (R) to Jensen audio in (R)
White wire - TV audio out (L) to Jensen audio in (L)

All this will be the same, whether you have a Jensen unit or another brand.

Had a teacher that always said, "Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth into gear." It helps to LOOK at what you have before giving advice, Jerry!!

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LS, 6.0L,
2014 Montana High Country 318RE with Ground Control Electric Auto Leveling System
n4qpcham is offline   Reply With Quote