View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmopar View Post
So, this weekend we had a terrible wild fire come through our neighborhood and we were forced to evacuate. The fire burned almost 2000 acres and we were in the middle of it.

Thankfully our house was untouched, but about 10 acres of our land was burned. All sagebrush.
Anyway, in an effort to get the TT loaded and out before the fire reached us, I turned the truck too sharp and the box on my service truck poked a hole in the cap.

I can fix the hole, I have done plenty of fiberglass work, and it is only about 1.5 in. I just need the paint to touch it up. Does the dealer sell touch-up paint, or is there a place to get the color?
BTW, as I pulled out of my driveway I had to swing wide and the fire was so close at the edge of our road, my front bumper passed over the fire. It was very close.
I am very sorry to hear of the situation. Where are you? I know some of the country I grew up in and dearly love around La Veta, CO is burning now as well.

I don't know of the dealer sells the paint but I do know that when they painted mine they must have had some kind of code because it matches perfectly. They used (I think I recall) PPG? paint and clear coated so I would check with the dealer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote