View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #74
JRTJH
Site Team

Midsouth,

The link you provided apparently doesn't give the information that is identical to the yellow payload sticker on any specific truck. From what I can see, it provides generic payload information for the series truck with specific engine, transmission and driveline options. It doesn't appear to take into account the options that are added beyond the ones in the previous sentence. So, if you add running boards, heavier mirrors, all season floor mats and a spray in bedliner, the weight of those options is not deducted from the website "maximum payload". Essentially, from what I could determine by entering two VIN's from two Tradesman trucks at the local dealer, both gave the same maximum payload and maximum towing capacity, but one had about 400 pounds of added optional equipment that wasn't included in the calculations.

I'd urge anyone who uses this website to verify the information on their specific yellow payload decal and not rely on the "best case information" given on this website. It does not appear to be VIN specific, but rather is "Model series as identified by VIN specific"

I think that's what Brodiegg found when he entered his VIN on that website and found it doesn't match the information that's on his yellow sticker on his specific truck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote