View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
theasphaltrv'er

30 Amp Receptacle Replacement

My 30 amp setup is to say the least is "crapola". The Jbox is housed in a little 10"W x 10"H x 13"D cubbie hole on the back street side of the 5er and under it is the water pump (same size cubbie hole) and the cobweb of hoses (that's another story). Any way, I replaced the Jbox with the Progressive 30amp EMS system I took out of our former TT. Trying to get the last 8 to 10 inches of the cord back in the hole is a real job cuz the small size of the cubbie hole it's housed in. My question to you electrical experts. I would like to remove the inlet fitting where the cable slides into the 5er and replace it with a 30 amp outlet fitting so I can plug the cord into it and then unplug it and store it in the storage bin. What I'm looking for is one that is round & hopefully the same diameter (5 & 1/8) so it would fit in the same hole. Our RV stores here have nothing even close & I've been searching the internet but have not found anything yet. Have any of you done this mod and/or know of any outlets (stores) that might have anything close to what is in the side of the 5er. Any and all ideas welcomed.

Thanks
Milo
Life is fantastic & gettin
better every day
theasphaltrv'er is offline   Reply With Quote