View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #34
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
Why don't we add load cells to monitor the GVW, GAWR and shut the vehicle down if any value is exceeded. Shouldn't cost more than a TPMS. Don't stop with trucks as most cars, crossovers, vans and SUV's are easily overloaded.

What will happen when we get all these driverless cars on the road that are programed to the legal speed limit in any lane??? More issues, more government, less freedom.

Just my thoughts, no harm intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
I thought this was the "No Spin Zone" This whole thread and every other weight thread on this forum encourages one to not cross any weight or towing limit. I just suggested a way to prevent overloading similar to the way excess diesel emissions are controlled, by shutting the vehicle down. Do I think we as a society should do this? NO.

Second paragraph, Driverless Cars, I simply stated that when the driverless cars and trucks hit the highways, and they will, they will be programed to obey posted speed limits. How did you interpret that statement to mean I want to speed? Do I speed, Yes whether on the Golf Cart, car or truck
Just the way "I" read the statement. I also speed, but more go with the flow on two lanes as to not impede traffic.

While towing within GVWR is a good thing, but there are unfortunately situations where the ability is there. WHY does Ford still offer a F350 with a 9,900# GVWR? So one doesn't need to license as a commercial vehicle, even if it has a Camper and snow plow package. Same as on with a GVWR of 11,500#+, but if licensed as Commercial or over 10,000# can't be parked at home. Just a situation some are caught in.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote