View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Here is the Walmart corporate statement on parking lot usage:

While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store parking lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.

I too hope this can be a friendly discussion - we are friends on this forum with a common interest. The OPs original question wasn't particularly about pushing Walmart parking lots as a prime way to camp, but looking for apps to find Walmarts for free parking, with lots of newbies on this and other forums reading and logging that. Then hearing that the local Walmart wouldn't even let these poor folks move their trailers to their lot for the incoming surge.....I can put 2 and 2 together. It was just to point out the potential problems those that need a parking place could face in the future. "Self righteous person" might be a little stiff...but, hey, my "red A" personality takes it in stride.

As far as the "freeloading" comment, if that is why I'm "self righteous", I refer to, as a previous poster said, all the folks that drive/tow very nice trailers and Class As that literally take over a section of a Walmart lot and turn it into a tailgate party then justify that because they went in and spent $2. That is wrong in my book any way you look at it. But, here's the deal, it's immaterial to me - I don't go there and don't intend to. I'm just trying to point out a situation that I worry will get worse....and I have ZERO doubt it will because folks just seem unable to help themselves.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote