View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #46
itat

The sticker payload number is a one time measurement. After buying my truck, I added Line-X bed liner, a tonneau cover and few other mods so IMO, you're best to go to a scale with a full tank of fuel and all your passengers on board and get an actual weight if you want the true available payload number. CAT scales are the best for this since you get individual axle weights.

In the KYD video linked earlier, he assumed some weight for cargo in the bed of the truck but it looks like he didn't account for the weight of the fifth wheel hitch which can be 150# - 300# depending on the model, plus any rails (above bed or below). If you went with the Andersen Ultimate aluminum hitch you'd have to account for the underbed gooseneck hitch unless you have the OEM prep package.

Personally, my goal is to stay under the GVWR, RAWR and GCWR for my truck. I could live with being over the GVWR by maybe 200# but that would be as much risk as I'm willing to take. I know the Engineers build in a safety factor, but I want to enjoy the benefit of the entire safety factor and not compromise my safety in an emergency stopping situation.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2014-2018)
itat is offline   Reply With Quote