View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #41
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegrad View Post
Wow, thanks for giving us some "behind the scenes" information as to what goes into maintaining the site. I had not thought that much about all of the work conducted by the mods!
First, be aware that the moderators do not receive any compensation for what we do. It's all volunteer (read: FREE) work from each of us.

Just a part of what we do: Every new member application is reviewed, IP address checked (even though often it may be shadowed), every post is read by at least one moderator, usually by 3, 4 or all 5 of us, obvious misspellings in thread titles are corrected (to help make searching easier): It's tough to find "How do I tow my Kerpstine trairler" when someone goes looking for their thread 3 months from now. We help with "how do I" questions, PM's and posts, keep threads organized and with some exceptions (like this one), try to keep them on topic. I think all the mods get PM's daily asking for help or advice on a topic a member doesn't want to post publically. When there's a questionable post, we don't just "shut things down" rather we "behind the scenes" discuss the situation in group PM's. We all offer input and then come up with a "consensus" on how to correct the problem or how to address a situation. There is very little "cowboy approach" to how we communicate with members. Usually all 5 of us are well aware of the situation and have agreed to the course of action, so when one moderator sends you a PM informing you that your post was removed, it's not "just that mod's idea" but typically all 5 of us have already agreed that there's a problem and how to address it.

Very little on the forum is "a one person decision" and even though, if you're on the receiving end, it may come across as "pushing your buttons" none of what we do is intended to be a personal confrontation.

We think we've got a "good little forum" filled with great advice and help, available for a wonderful price (free) and it's all, for the most part, because of the members who contribute by posting advice, personal experiences and problems/solutions they have encountered, hoping to prevent someone else from walking in the same steps... So far, I think we're all (as members) doing a super job and I know I speak for all the moderators when I say that we appreciate every member who helps us keep this forum the best place to get information about Keystone RV's.

Thanks to all of you for making our job easier.

OK site team, do I get my raise now ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote