View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #49
C.LeeNick

I was driving through Page, Arizona in May, returning from a camping trip but not RV'ing that time. Stopped at the Wal-mart in Page for refreshments, as I still had about 5 hours driving ahead.

The parking lot had so many RV's in it it looked like an RV show from the 1970's through 2018. RV's pulling boats. Groups set up here and there. I saw the smallest Fifth-Wheel I've ever seen there...it didn't look longer than 18-20'.

It was quite a scene.

We've only "camped out" in a Wal-Mart parking lot once. In Silver City, New Mexico maybe 12-13 years ago. We misjudged travel time coming from the south and got caught in the dark, otherwise we'd have looked for a spot out in the boonies. The Wal-Mart parking lot was OK, but it had it's positives and negatives. On the positive side, the security guard patrolled the parking lot all night in a little pickup truck, so we felt very safe. On the negative side, he'd drive right past us over and over and the yellow flashing light on the roof and sound of the truck's engine kept waking us up all night. It was the proverbial "double-edged sword". I got up at daylight and found a road slightly south out of town that went off into the forest, where we found a nice clearing so the kids could get outside and run around, and I took a couple hour nap.
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote