Keystone RV Forums

Keystone RV Forums (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Odds 'n Ends (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   If you ain't here....get here when you can! (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31206)

sourdough 12-01-2017 05:44 PM

If you ain't here....get here when you can!

If you're not retired.....get here as soon as you can! It IS as good as they say.

Sitting here in the FL panhandle in a fishing village. Will be here Nov - Feb. Quiet, beautiful, right on the coast (bays etc.). Beautiful folks, laid back, warm.... Just ate a dinner of smoked (on the grill w/ bamboo!!) speckled trout. Off the chain! Come see us when you can!

Hope you all can...as soon as you can! Sorry to all those stuck in the "snow belt". :(

Tbos 12-01-2017 05:47 PM

Iím looking forward to doing this in a couple years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ken56 12-01-2017 06:05 PM

I got 9 years on ya sourdough, and yes, I whole heartedly recommend it too! Down if the Ft. Myers Beach area right now enjoying the beautiful weather. Enjoy the fish.

notanlines 12-02-2017 12:40 AM

We also concur. We like the Fort Myers area, but the traffic is worse than Atlanta or St Louis so we stay in Clewiston and then venture into the "big city" on occasion. If we would have known retirement was this good we'd have done it when we were 30........well, maybe not.:eek:

Tinner12002 12-02-2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourdough (Post 265389)
If you're not retired.....get here as soon as you can! It IS as good as they say.

Sitting here in the FL panhandle in a fishing village. Will be here Nov - Feb. Quiet, beautiful, right on the coast (bays etc.). Beautiful folks, laid back, warm.... Just ate a dinner of smoked (on the grill w/ bamboo!!) speckled trout. Off the chain! Come see us when you can!

Hope you all can...as soon as you can! Sorry to all those stuck in the "snow belt". :(

Go ahead rub it in...thinking I might come that way sometime in Feb to visit Wekiva Falls SP, have a friend in an rv park nearby, then on to Palm Harbor to visit a friend there, then to somewhere near West Palm Beach to visit another friend. Hopefully to do a little riding at each stop. Have to leave my sweetie at home as she still has to work...:nonono:

xrated 12-02-2017 05:15 AM

I'm looking at the end of November 2019. Hopefully I'll have enough PTO time to take the entire month of Dec. off, and then officially retire on Jan 2nd, 2020.....so right at 2 years from now.

Alpine 12-02-2017 06:38 AM

High five to ya for sure! Sounds like you have a lil' slice of heaven going on! We have been doing the "retirement" gig sneaking up on 5 years and loving it!

B-O-B'03 12-02-2017 11:21 AM

Jealous for sure.

Right now I have 3/20/2020 as my target. that will put me at 65 1/2 and give me 20 years with the company (that and a quarter might get you into a pay stall, but it seems like something).

DW is 4 years younger so we will have to figure out insurance for her, maybe things will be sorted out by then, but I am not holding my breath.

DW told me that I could retire at the end of Feb 2018, and go on COBRA for 18 months, so decisions, decisions.

Congrats Danny & Susan!

-Brian

srvnt 12-02-2017 04:06 PM

Retirement is great! But live life and don't be too anxious to retire.

Work, then retirement, then "end of retirement" LOL

sourdough 12-02-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvnt (Post 265477)
Retirement is great! But live life and don't be too anxious to retire.

Work, then retirement, then "end of retirement" LOL

This is a great point and one I may have mentioned previously. Retirement is great, and we have been for over 11 years. BUT, work was wonderful before. I loved my job. I retired because the stars aligned, got a big payout and went. I was NOT mentally ready simply because I loved my job and employees - I went into a 2 year depression because I missed everything. Make sure you are mentally ready, then have all your other ducks in a row. Best wishes to all.