Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Ruffus
Click Here to Login

Conversation Between Ruffus and NavyCamper
Showing Profile Comments 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Ruffus
    01-28-2010 04:33 PM
    Ruffus
    Hi Bob
    Well we are not new to RVing but we haven't had an RV for the last 7 years. We use to have a 18 foot fleetwood 5th wheel that I use to pull with a 1990 Ford Ranger. We put about 130,000 miles pulling that fifth wheel from Calif. to Florida and from Colorado to Alaska and many points in between. We have never had one this big in our life, 38 foot and haven't been out in it yet.
    I spent 6 years in the Navy during Viet Nam. I started in the Gator Navy in Little Creek VA and ended up on a Tin Can out of San Diego. I was a shipfitter and spent 27 years welding after I got out. Also did 20 years as a Deputy Sheriff in California in the Santa Barbara SO and 15 years as a launch manager for McDonnell Douglas Astronautics. Currently we are living in Florida but are planning to do some full timing by the end of the year when my wife retires. Where are you located and where are your kids at in Calif.?
  2. NavyCamper
    01-28-2010 12:02 PM
    NavyCamper
    Hi Ruffus,

Thanks for the invite. We are new to RVing but already love it. We just returned to PA from a 40 day trip to California over the holidays to visit grands and, at the same time, give our rig a real good workout. When were you in the Navy? I retired in 93, started a new career as a computer teacher and just retired from that position last year.

Bob A.
  3. Ruffus
    01-27-2010 04:30 PM
    Ruffus
    Hey Navy Camper, welcome aboard shipmate. I hope you enjoy dry land sailing like we do!
    Jim & Sharon - FL
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.