Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > ChuckS
Click Here to Login

Conversation Between ChuckS and Roger9841
Showing Profile Comments 1 to 2 of 2
  1. ChuckS
    08-28-2021 07:09 AM
    ChuckS
    The slide out floors are secured via many 4 inch screws from the outside edge of each side wall and front wall.. you can’t see the screws on either side wall without removing the drip strip moulding.

The back wall you can’t see any of the screws without removing the metal fender skirting and then you will see that edge and where the screws are installed
  2. Roger9841
    08-27-2021 06:39 AM
    Roger9841
    Chuck,
    How is the flooring decking secured to the sidewalls?

Are the screws mounted parallel to the ground into the edge of the flooring panel? Or vertical from bottom to wall frame?

On the rear of the slide where the recliner sets. It looks like one mounting screw toward the outside edge and one in the middle. From the pictures I posted on the forum. It only looks like two screw points. That is all I can see without taking the strip off outside.

What size screws are used?
    What is the best sealant outside? Looks like clear GE Silicone

I saw the RV Ski Slides on the forum. They seem to provide drip guide and slide out ease. Have you seen or have any experience with the RV Slide Ski's?

Thanks,
    Roger
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.