Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Ruffus
Click Here to Login

Conversation Between Ruffus and PSDave
Showing Profile Comments 1 to 6 of 6
  1. PSDave
    08-11-2010 06:34 AM
    PSDave
    Ruffus:
    Thanks for the come back. I didn't take it personally ... was just joking about the slap ... back to Fraizer Park and Mt. Abel. Do you have a LAT and LON for that spot? Is it grass, or a paved carve-out like Pinos ... and some surprising news, one of Kyocera panels cracked into 10 million pieces a few weeks ago. I don't remember mishandling it, but it went to pieces right in my hands. So, I am going to press into service a 90 watt Sharp (I was going to use in another application) and maybe retire the other panel (they were both in a house fire, and may have lost their temper). Oh well!

Well, its 07:30 and time to get back to work.
    BTW: I will be at the Cape this weekend for an Atlas-V launch. Will leave Monday or so.
    Dave
  2. Ruffus
    08-10-2010 06:13 PM
    Ruffus
    Hey Dave, it wasn't ment as a slap, just some inside thoughts. Hamm Radio guys also like Mt Pinos for their rallies. I liked it because it's quiet, cool and did I mention quiet. We are going to be out your way the end of this year and I would really like to see your solar panel set up. I'm pretty stupid about those things. I can wire a house but know nothing about panels.
    Jim B (Ruffus)
  3. PSDave
    08-10-2010 06:27 AM
    PSDave
    Rufus:
    OK, thanks for the slap!
    BTW, before I got my 5er, I drove my truck and 5", 8" and 11" telescopes up to Mt. Pinos a lot (Pine-os, not Peen-yos, like it probably should be) ... because Pinos is the premier astronomy place for the big guns of astronomy and VCAS [Ventura County Astronomy Society] ... but maybe you know this.
    Anyhow, thanks for the advise on the beaches.

Also by-the-way, at 8K to 10K feet elevation, my solar panels really put out. Mainly because they are cooler and also closer to the sun.

When I visit the Western Range (Vandenberg), I most always have to pull into Sta. Maria to visit a large aerospace contractor out there ... Betteravia and Blosser and McDonalds! I like staying in LOM-POCK! CUL - Dave

PS: at 06:27 PM last night, the time was exactly 18:27 hrs.
  4. Ruffus
    08-09-2010 05:27 PM
    Ruffus
    Hey Dave, Pismo North is where I was talking about. Being from California you have to think outside the box and be adaptable. In the summer time all the dummies go to the beach to cool off, where you need to go is to the top of mount Abel, just outside of Fraizer Park where there are no crowds, cool weather (elevation 8400 ft) beautiful sunsets and did I mention no crowds. Oh yeh and it's a lot closer to you than Pismo Beach. Then in the winter time, like November, December time frame you go to Pismo Beach when they have their Indian Summer and all the dummies are in the mountains freezing their Butts off. I speak from 35 years of experiance and living those years in Santa Maria California, just South of Pismo Beach.
    Happy Camping
    Ruffus
  5. Ruffus
    05-03-2010 11:07 AM
    Ruffus
    Dave, I sent you a reply about generators but am not sure if it went. Please let me know if you received it. Sometimes the Private Message system on this blog sucks.
  6. Ruffus
    04-30-2010 06:38 AM
    Ruffus
    I hope you got my reply to your last post, I'm still learning this system. 65 years, your older than me, yikes.
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.