Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > koko
Click Here to Login

Conversation Between koko and JPillivant
Showing Profile Comments 1 to 7 of 7
  1. koko
    03-20-2017 07:25 AM
    koko
    We towed our Premier with a 2011 Dodge Durango Turbo V8. Did a great job as far as power; but because of the short wheel base, it was a little squirly in the wind. Our son's truck pulls it like it isn't even there. My other message sounds choppy, because I went over the 1000 character limit, so I had to cut a few words here and there. We dry camped a lot - we live close to the mountains. The Premier is a bit of a battery hog. Ours didn't have a solar panel. That's a great feature to have. It's a great camper, and you'll really enjoy it.
  2. koko
    03-20-2017 07:17 AM
    koko
    Don't go on this forum much, because we sold our Premier. I'll explain. Owned our 19fbpr for 2 1/2 yrs-LOVED it. As we got older dreamed of a motor home. May 2016 sold our Premier to one of our sons and bought Jayco Melbourne 24K. Funny, looks a lot like Premier inside and out. We camp with our son lots-he and wife pleased with their Premier.

Our Premier was a brand new 2013. Half way through that year they stopped putting in bathroom window...we loved the window...so drove 1200 miles to purchase one of the last with window from dealer in Michigan. Trade-off was that early 13s didn't have the great under-seat drawers. We solved by installing our own. If you click on "Community" at top of this forum, then "social groups" I started a group. You can read up on the improvements we made on Premier as well as other's comments. Maybe you can get it started again if you haven't already - I haven't looked to see if it's active. Enjoy your Premier. Great "chatting" with you.
  3. JPillivant
    03-18-2017 03:16 PM
    JPillivant
    What is your tow vehicle? We have 2016 Chevy Colorado.
  4. JPillivant
    03-18-2017 03:07 PM
    JPillivant
    Were you dry camp without being connected to 30 amp power, is that why the battery was draining?
  5. JPillivant
    03-18-2017 02:54 PM
    JPillivant
    Glad you really like yours and have had it for two years. We just bought ours March 11th at Camping world and my wife really like the drawers on the ends of the dinning table.
  6. JPillivant
    03-18-2017 02:43 PM
    JPillivant
    They added the solar connection to the 2017. I think it is to charge the battery.
  7. JPillivant
    03-18-2017 02:27 PM
    JPillivant
    Hi Koko, we just purchased a 2017 FBPR and really like it and the layout. Is yours a 2016? Does yours have a bathroom window, ours does not?
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.